Swim Ulster offer three development meets annually, these galas follow an open format, whereby many swimmers from many different clubs compete individually against one another. Development meets are the first step in the ladder of competitive swimming and offer junior swimmers the opportunity to gain qualifying times for more senior levels of competition.
Swim Ulster Development Meets provide and enjoyable first introduction to regional racing within the SU/SI Competition Pathway. Progression to the Qualifying Meets is based on a technical assessment of 100m or 200m Individual Medley events depending on the age of the swimmer. Individual events include 50m Butterfly, 100m Backstroke, 100m Breaststroke, 100m Freestyle, 100m Individual Medley and 200m Individual Medley. The Technical assessment on the individual medley events requires the swimmer’s head to pass the flags whilst underwater in a streamlined position.
Progression from Development Meets to Qualifying Meets: Individual Medley as above, in addition to two other qualifying times from eligible events. Swimmers in J3 will compete in Swim Ulster Development Meets in order to gain competitive experience, while swimmers in the Development Squad will compete in these meets with aim of qualifying for the Swim Ulster Qualifying Meets and progressing into the Age Group Squad.
SU also run an additional meet (Swim Festival) at the end of the season for those not competing at Irish Division 2 or above.
Development Meet Information:
- Results can be found on the SU website. Please click the link here: http://www.swimulster.net/Competitions/Gala-Results-File.aspx
- Development Gala 1 Results 29.11.15 COB COB results dev 1 29.11.15 Full Results Full results development gala 1 29.11.15
- Development Gala 2 Results 24.1.16 COB COB results dev 2 – 24.1.16 Full Results Full results development gala 2 – 24.1.16
- Development Gala 3 Results 27.2016 cob results dev 3
- Development Gala 4 results 14.5.16 cob results dev 4 development gala 4 – all results
- Last Season’s results
- Development Gala 1 Results (07/10/14)
- Development Gala 2 Results (09/12/14)
- Development Gala 3 Results (20/01/15)
- Development Gala 4 Results (02/03/15)